Effective from 24 January 2019
We are committed to the protection of personal information and meeting the standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
By using Onkaparinga Funding Finder (the site), interacting with us or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree to be bound by the terms set out in this policy.
Any terms that are defined in bold font in the Onkaparinga Funding Finder Terms, but are not defined in this policy, are given the meaning set out in the site Terms.
2.Why we collect personal information
Generally we collect personal information to provide you with products and services and to manage our relationship with you. We also collect personal information for marketing purposes and to provide you with information about events, grants, products and services (both ours and those of other organisations and agencies) that may be of interest to you, to improve the site and to run various promotions and activities relating to the site.
3.Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
We may collect various types of personal information including (but not limited to) your name, address, email, phone number, age, payment details, gender, interests or other information relevant to the site.
4.How we collect personal information
We normally collect personal information directly from you when you use the site or interact with us, for example when you:
- call us;
- subscribe to the site;
- configure and use the site;
- send us an email, including via our websites;
- post an entry on our websites or social media assets;
- purchase products from us using a credit cards or otherwise; or
- attend an event or activity that we have organised, sponsored or otherwise been involved with.
We will not collect any personal information about you without your consent. By accessing and using the site, our websites, registering for the site, interacting with us or otherwise providing your personal information to us, you are deemed to have given your consent.
5.Collection from third parties
We may also obtain details about you from marketing databases or other sources that are publicly available such as websites, journals, directories and phone books. We will only collect information about you from third parties in rare circumstances, for example where one of your friends indicates to us that one of our services or products may be of interest to you. If we do collect personal information in this manner, we will endeavour to make you aware of who we are, the fact and manner of collection of this information and this policy. We will ask the third party to tell you that they have provided us with your personal information and direct you to a copy of this policy.
By giving your personal information to us you consent to us using your personal information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the site and our other products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to allow the relevant site Partner to contact you, arrange for your Subscription, manage your account and carry out other lawful activities relating to the site;
- to facilitate the running of and your participation in events, competitions and activities relating to the site;
- to monitor activity on the site and on our websites and social media assets;
- to administer and enforce the site Terms;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessments, compliance, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing, product and service reviews;
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to market, improve and add to our products and services including the site, our websites and our social media assets;
- where there is a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety;
- where there is reason to suspect unlawful activity has been engaged in;
- where required or authorised by law; or
- where required by an enforcement body.
If you provide us with your mobile telephone number, email address, or other contact method that is capable of receiving messages, you authorise us to send you promotional messages related the site and other products and services that we promote. These messages will be accompanied by a functional unsubscribe facility.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us using the details below so that we can update your preferences.
We may disclose personal information across our related bodies corporate in accordance with this policy. We may also provide personal information to:
- site Partners for the purpose of marketing, reselling and managing your the site Membership (and related activities);
- third parties engaged by us to perform functions for